Monday, May 19, 2014

Time Final Project

My final project is a video that lasts about three and a half minutes. I was deeply in sorrow and shock when I came across the tragic sinking of South Korean Sewol Ferry, and knew I wanted to create an art piece about it. Instead of focusing solely on the event, I strayed apart from the sinking and focused on the sense of being trapped underwater, the same time being felt differently for those trapped and those who await, and heavy topic of death and the "time beyond living."

I wanted absolutely no texts, no speech, and I believe I succeeded in portraying the characters' emotions and symbolisms/metaphors without texts and speeches.I even simplified the title (I did not even want to put "Untitled" upon it) and wanted the audience to solely focus on the story and meanings.

I am personally very attached to this project because I personally relate to the actual event that I took inspiration from. Also, throughout my Foundation Year, I had been feeling like I was a factory expected to create art or design pieces I did not want to produce. This piece, I truly feel like it is "mine" and proudly say I produced it.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCc94Uy5w1k&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment