Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Project 4: Midnight Journey

Front Cover



Page 1
Being chased by creepy green monsters


Page 2:
Entering the world of Black & White!



Page 3:
Back into the world of Color


Page 4:
Waking up from the "journey"


Back Cover




Title: MidNight Journey
Medium: Color Pencil, Ink, Digital


"MidNight Journey" is based on one of the vividest and the most fantasy-like dream I had a year ago. Some scene's color schemes are based on my memory while the overall summary and other details are dependent on a dream journal which I keep track of. I believe the storyline can be understood without further explanation.

This was my first time using InDesign and thus, creating a graphic novel. If I had more time, I would have experimented more with juxtaposing and sizing frames, and even have some factors jumping out of the frames in order to impose more extreme emotions.

Besides having time in between frames as "Understanding Comics - The Invisible Art," I wanted to have time flowing within a frame. I also decided to simplify the main character's facial features: the original one looked realistic and more like "me" because I was focused on the fact that this graphic novel is based on "my" dream. Instead, I applied big, exaggeratedly colored eyes and made the scenes look more two-dimensional so that the audience can engage easily with the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment